Saturday, October 10, 2015

Rise Up Series: Part 3 - You can't outrun a fork



You can't outrun a fork. What does that mean?

You can't go run on the treadmill for an hour, or do Total Body Fix for 30 minutes and then go eat a cheeseburger, fries and a soda and expect results.

It doesn't work that way. (Unfortunately) 

80% of this health and fitness journey is what you put in your mouth. Exercise is important, but what is more important is that you are eliminating processed foods and putting clean whole foods in your body instead. 

What can you eat to make sure you are eating clean and eliminating the junk?

1. Lean Protein: Chicken Breasts, Lean Ground Beef or Turkey, Black Beans, Eggs..  These are amazing protein sources that are filling and great for you!

2. Veggies: Veggie it up! Leafy Greens like Kale, Spinach, Zucchini, Cucumber, Asparagus.. I could go on and on. An amazing natural source of vitamins and nutrients! 

3. Fruit: Bananas, Apples, grapes, melon.. Fruit! It's nature's sweets. 

4. Complex Carbs: Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Quinoa.. delicious! 

5. Shakeology: This is my go to breakfast every morning. It's my chance to get 3 serving of veggies, my daily multi-vitamins, probitiocs, prebiotics, protein and superfoods! I make my shake each morning and get my boost of energy and curb my sweet tooth right off the bat. Sometimes later in the day when I'm really craving something sweet, I'll replace it with another shake again :) You can read more about my journey with Shakeology here.


Ok so you know what you should be eating now. So what's next?

Here are a few things you can do to get started:

1. Clean out your pantry! Get rid of the junk. Say good bye to processed foods :)

2. Make a list of healthy foods/recipes you want to eat/make for the week!

3. Get to the Store and stock up on some healthy foods for the week!

4. Get your self a free Beachbody Coach (I would LOVE to be that one for you). Check in with them and let them know what your goals and what you want to accomplish. We can put together a plan and get you started.

5. Make an exercise plan: 30 minutes a day! There are so many amazing Beachbody programs out there that we will find the one that is right for you. (Note: If you are recovering from an injury and can't workout yet that is OK. We can dial in on your nutrition and get you started on the right track.)

6. Get plugged into a Accountability Group! Having that group of people to check in with everyday, the support, inspiration and fellowship is a huge asset. 


Thank you for reading Part 3 of my Rise Up Series! To read the others you can find them by clicking the tag "rise up" below this post. 

If you are ready to make a change and want to get started on your path to healthier living send me an email at CoachJennyM@gmail.com or comment below with your email address. I'd love to help you get started.

Have a blessed day!





No comments:

Post a Comment