Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Rise Up Series: Part 4 - Endorphins make you happy

I'm going to like totally date myself here and reference my favorite movie from high school, Legally Blonde.

"Exercise gives you endorphin. Endorphin make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't!"



Today I want to talk about what exercise does for your mood. 

22 Days ago I was injured and have not been able to do any working out. I've been frustrated, irritable had anxiety and have experienced a lot of physical pain. I've been doing lots of praying, focusing on the positives, and just being present in the moment to fight those feelings. I know I've fallen short though and have been very thankful for my family's patience and support. One verse in particular that has been near to my heart these past 2 weeks is Philippians 4:6-7.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So I've praying for patience, healing and to be still. My time in the word reading my Bible each morning is something I cherish and a vital part of my day. When I don't make that time reading God's word, I feel off and I notice my day doesn't go as smoothly.

So the best I can be, I've been patient and letting my body heal and do what it needs to do to get better.

  Yesterday my Dr. gave me permission to start doing lower body/cardio based workouts again with modifications. No weight lifting, no body resistance training. So this morning at my "normal" workout time I pushed play with a dance workout called "Cize" on Beachbody On Demand. I had to do lots of modifications for the upper body moves, but I got through the 30 minutes and afterwards I can't explain the boost of energy I felt! 

Endorphin's make you happy! God designed these amazing bodies of ours to produce natural happiness boosts by taking care of our health! Isn't that amazing? 

So what are endorphin's? 

en·dor·phin
ˌenˈdôrfēn/
noun
plural noun: endorphins : any of a group of hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system and having a number of physiological functions. They are peptides that activate the body's opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect.

Thank you Jesus! 

Am I healed from my injury? No, I have a couple months recovery time a head of me. But by getting 30 minutes a day of modified cardio in during the week, I will be able to improve my health and my mood.  And I'm very thankful for that opportunity and the blessing of it.





So what is Cize you ask? 
“CIZE” is the “end of exercise!” Shaun T’s newest dance fitness program is so much fun, you won’t even realize you are exercising! In each routine, Shaun breaks down the moves step-by-step and builds them into a full dance routine. So even if you don’t know how to dance, you can learn all the moves. While you are learning to master the dance moves, you’ll also be burning fat and calories. This workout is for EVERY fitness level. There is no equipment required. If you like fitness classes like Zumba, you will love this workout. It's a 4 week program that comes with 6 dance workouts that range from 30-45 minutes long, simple eating plan and recipes! 


Now that I've found a program I can do to replace of my 21 Day Fix and Piyo tell I'm better, I'm excited to come up with a plan! 

Whether you like to workout at home with DVD's, go to a gym or do your workouts outside on a sidewalk or a trail.. Getting that 30 minutes a day in will not only improve your physical health, but your mental health too!

Who's ready to make a change and boost your mood?

Click HERE and fill out this quick form and I'll get back to you asap. We will do this together!

Have a blessed day!



*Note: I am not a Doctor or a fitness professional. Everyone's injuries are different and I encourage you to consult with your Doctor before starting a new routine while injured or recovering from an injury. 



3 comments:

  1. Way to make a comback my friend!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and so proud of you for continuing to never give up no matter what comes,along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and so proud of you for continuing to never give up no matter what comes,along!!!

    ReplyDelete