Monday, September 12, 2016

Recipe: Sweet Potato Chili - Instant Pot Edition


You might not know this, but I LOVE Fall. 

Not just Pumpkin Spiced Lattes... I love the season Fall. The crisp air, the leaves changing, leggings, warm boots, hot cups of coffees and hot delicious comfort foods in the evening. 

This recipe is making me really excited about the season changing. I made this recipe this week and my family loved it. When I first told them I was making sweet potato chili they turned their nose up at it. Then when it was time to eat, they were pleasantly surprised! 

I can't tell you how happy that made me! 

This new recipe will be a staple in my house from here on out. The best part is how EASY it was to prepare/cook! I hope you enjoy this recipe.



(This recipe is Dairy and Grain Free)


Ingredients:
2 lb organic ground beef
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic gloves, pressed
1 small red onion, chopped
30 oz organic tomato sauce
2 cups organic beef stock
2 carrots, chopped
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp cup chili powder (or less if you desire *wink*)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
2 tsp sea salt
 1 1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:
Set instant pot to saute and wait tell it says "hot". Add  1 tsp of evoo then ground beef and brown. Once beef has browned add onion, garlic and let simmer for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients in. Stir well. Seal the lid and set the mode to "meat/stew" and it will automatically set for 35 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to sealed. Once done let it "natural release" in warm mode for 10 minutes. Stir well and serve.

Makes 8-9 servings

*Note if you aren't eating this "dairy free" you can add some shredded cheddar to the top. My kids love this!

*Note again: If you want more of a "kick" to your chili, you can add red pepper flakes to taste. 


Ahhh Fall, my happy place :) 

21 Day Fix/Country Heat/Portion Fix Container Equivalent:

1 Red 1 Yellow  1 Green 1 Purple
*Note I measured out my serving with 1 cup


This Instant Pot recipe was easy, a huge time saver and DELICIOUS! Stay tuned for more healthy comfort food recipes coming soon.

 In the mean time...


Want more recipes like this? Or even, meal prep tips and/or to get started with a fitness routine? I would LOVE to be your coach! You can reach out to me by going to my Facebook page by clicking the picture below....



If 80% of your results are based on what you consume, then let's get in the kitchen! Learn how to meal prep with us!
Want to learn new recipes, tips, tricks and life hacks to not only make meal prep doable each week but simple?
This free 7 day group is for you! RSVP to the event below if you'd like to join
HERE <3






Have a blessed day!






1 comment: