Thursday, October 1, 2015

Rise Up Series: Part 1 - A split second and BAM



I was driving home from work on Monday, going 60 mph on the freeway when another drive who wasn't paying attention to the road and was messing with buttons on their dashboard turned into me. She pushed me across another lane, caused me to spin out, hit a medium at at least 45 mph and then hit me from behind again. 

I'm not going to lie, it scared me. And for a second I thought that might be it. There was nothing I could do to stop it. It was as if she hit the gas and kept pushing into me, across the other lane and into the divider.


Why did this happen? A split second and BAM.

My first reaction was anger, my second reaction was frustration/helplessness. 

What if I had just stayed at work 2 minutes longer?

What if I had taken another freeway?

What if______?

I can come up with what if's until I'm blue in the face, but what good will that do? All it does is keep me on the mindset of frustration and anger. 

On Tuesday morning I woke up feeling thankful.

Thankful that I got to wake up this morning and be with my kids. 

Thankful for my incredible Husband who dropped everything at work and came to my side to help me on the freeway. 

I'm thankful I'm alive.

Most of all I'm thankful for God's unwavering love.

In life, it's inevitable for these bumps/lows to come our way. They happen when you least expect it, or sometimes you can see them coming. But with each low we face, we are given the opportunity to embrace God's grace and truth.

I don't know why this happened, but I do know God has a plan for me and I am loved.


“But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”
1 Thessalonians 5:8-11 ESV


Whatever comes your way. Don't give up. Turn to Jesus and seek Him! For He is with us in our highs and lows. He is our constant, our hope, our redeemer. 

Fast forward to today as I was driving by myself to my Dr apt today, I felt anxious about driving. This song came on the radio and I felt instant peace. What an amazing God we have! I found out at my apt that I have a separated rib, severe whip last and 3 + months of recovery ahead of me. I left the apt feeling frustrated and down about it. As most of you know I'm an active person, I love fitness, I love moving, I love running around with my kids.

There is something good that will come from this. And just because I'm injured doesn't mean I can't keep working towards my health and fitness goals! I will keep eating clean, drinking my shakeology and when I get the green light I will start low impact exercise.
Most importantly I will turn and seek Jesus. For He is with me in the highs and lows. He is a constant, He is my Savior.
"You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, It's who you are,
It's who you are
and I'm loved by you
It's who I am, It's who I am,
It's who I am
You are perfect in all of your way."



As over these next few months I will be blogging my journey of how I will stay on track with my health and fitness goals while recovering from injury. I pray that it will inspire others to not give up on their goals no matter way speed bump comes their way.

Have a Blessed Night,

Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment