Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Healthy "Combination Fried Rice": Instant Pot Edition (Recipe)

So as you can see I'm kind of on an Instant Pot blog post kick right now. Yesterday I blogged about how I did all my Meal Prep for the week and how much time I saved HERE.

Now that I've been cooking for a week with this thing I decided to get a little brave tonight. My mission: to convert my 21 Day Fix Approved Chicken "Fried" Rice to the Instant Pot. I didn't want to stop there. I decided to make it a little more decadent and still keep it healthy...

Meet "Healthy Combination Fried Rice: Instant Pot Edition":


Ingredients:

2 cups Brown Rice (uncooked)  or about 2 1/2 cups cooked Brown rice (add more if you prefer)
1/2 chicken breast (cooked)
1 lb organic ground beef
3 eggs
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup of a blend of chopped carrots and sweet peppers
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 TBSP Braggs Liquid Aminos
1/2 cup sliced green onions
Other seasonings to tastes

Serves: 6-8

Directions:
You can have some of this pre made on Meal Prep Day or you can cook everything in one evening. Either way it won't take too long!

Step #1: Cook the Brown Rice: Add rice to the Instant Pot. Add 2 1/2 cups of water. Close and lock the lid. Press "manual" and then set to 22 minutes pressure cooking time. Once done set pot to "keep warm mode for a Natural Release for 10 minutes.  Then press cancel and turn the pressure valve "venting" position. One steam has finished releasing remove lid, take rice out and place in a bowl and set aside. If you happened to cook your rice ahead of time on Meal Prep Day go ahead and skip this step.



Step #2: Cook the Ground Beef:  Add 2 tsp of  evoo and the onion to the instant pot and set it to "saute" mode. Then add ground beef and stir/flip frequently until beef is cooked all the way through. Remove Beef from instant pot and set aside in a bowl. *Note: this takes about 8 minutes 

Step #3: Time to cook the eggs! Keep IP on saute mode and add another tsp of evoo. Crack 3 eggs into pot and scramble. *Note: this only takes about a minute



Step #4: Add all the things!: Add in your rice, chopped veggies, ground beef, chopped chicken, braggs liquid aminos, green onion and mi everything together well. Toss frequently for about 3 minutes then switch IP to "warm mode" and toss for another 3 minutes. 

Step #5: Serve and enjoy!

Total cook time (rice and chicken already cooked ahead of time): 15 minutes
*Note: If you need to cook up a chicken breast see my recipe here

Total Container Servings for those of you doing 21 Day Fix or Country Heat:
1 Red
1 Yellow
1 Green
1 tsp
1 Orange

The verdict? My family LOVED this recipe! Husband gave it two thumbs up, and our 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old gobbled it up without even realizing how many veggies were in it. 



And it fit in with my week #3 meal plan for Country Heat



Amazing. I'm one happy Mama!



Want more recipes like this? Want more recipes like this, meal prep tips and/or to get started with a fitness routine? I would LOVE to be your coach! You can reach out to me by going to my Facebook page by clicking the picture below....


Have a blessed day!





No comments:

Post a Comment