Monday, August 29, 2016

Meal Prep: Instant Pot Edition - Part 2

Good Morning Friends! I have been having all kinds of fun with my Instant Pot. If you have been checking out my Instagram or Snapchat you know I've been cooking a TON with it. I am shocked that so many people have been checking out my first post "Meal Prep: Instant Pot Edition" that I wanted to create a part 2 with more healthy, tasty recipes you can use throughout the week!

All these recipes below will be used as breakfast and lunches for me throughout this week. I'm on my last week of Country Heat and want to make sure I am using my containers 100%. I know the more tasty clean foods I have prepped in my fridge, the more likely I will do just that!


All these took about 90 minutes total to make! As one was cooking I was cutting, prepping the next recipe. I had a good factory line up going and let me tell you my kitchen smelt amazing!




Sweet Potato Hash: 

Ingredients:
3  small sweet potatoes OR 1 large sweet potato (peeled and diced in 1/2 inch chunks)
3/4 cup diced onion
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 zucchini diced
a dash of sea salt and pepper

Directions:
Turn Instant Pot on to "saute" mode. Add evoo, onions and let simmer for a few minutes. Add diced sweet potatoes and mix together. Add seasoning. Close Lid and set manual for 1 minute. When done use a quick release, remove lid and add diced zucchini in. Toss together well and let sit together for a few minutes. Then scoop and serve or place in meal prep storage containers for the week ahead.

21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1 yellow,  1/2 Green, 1 Tsp



Oh my gosh wait tell you try doing your Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot. You'll never want to cook them any other way again! Easiest peeled eggs EVER.

Farm fresh eggs from our ranch. So yummy


Easy to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs:

Ingredients:
8 Raw Eggs
1 cup water

Directions:
Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place rack inside and gently place eggs on top. Set steamer timer to 6 minutes. When done, set to natural release (on warm setting) for 6 minutes. Then remove eggs and place in bowl of ice for 6 minutes. Peel with ease and store in your meal prep container for the week,

21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 2 eggs = 1 Red

(Do you do video chat meal prep with your friends on the opposite coast? I do! lol)



I wasn't sure how this next recipe was going to go. I had to give myself a good pep talk to make this. I wanted to make this to use as breakfasts for the week and took the plunge and went for it. 

I am SO happy with the results...

Feta and Zucchini Frittata:

Ingredients: 
6 eggs
1/2 cup 2% milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
1/2 zucchini, shredded
2 tbsp crumbled feta
a dash of sea salt and pepper

Directions:
Place 1 cup of water at the bottom of the Instant Pot and place rack inside. In the bowl you will cook in add eggs and whisk. Add milk, feta, zucchini, and seasoning. Mix well. Place bowl inside the instant pot on the rack and close the lid. Cook on manual for 20 minutes. When finished turn valve for quick release. Remove dish and slice into 6 pieces. 1 slice per serving. 

21 Day Fix Container Serving: 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1/2 green



BBQ Chicken:

I made this simple, this week. I cooked 2 chicken breasts using my recipe here: I added my favorite all natural BBQ sauce called "Stubbs". It came out delicious!



These Instant Pot recipes were easy, time savers and DELICIOUS! Stay tuned for more clean eating meal prep recipes coming soon.

 In the mean time...



Want more recipes like this? Want more recipes like this, meal prep tips and/or to get started with a fitness routine? I would LOVE to be your coach! You can reach out to me by going to my Facebook page by clicking the picture below....


Have a blessed day,





Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment