Friday, August 19, 2016

Taking the first step: Where I was and where I am now




The day you make the decision to change the way you view food and your health can either be very a blurry memory or crystal clear.

Mine was crystal clear.

I was on the beach with my little family on my 29th birthday. Lily was almost 7 months old and it was her first trip to the beach. I was too self conscious to wear even shorts so here I was on the beach in the hottest part of the summer wearing maternity jeans and a baggy shirt. We had to walk a few blocks away and I remember feeling so out of breath, so tired. I couldn't even run around with my 3 year old for long. I had to sit there on the beach and encourage him to play in the sand instead.

My Husband took a picture of me on the beach with the kids and when I looked that the picture that night I realized how poorly I had been taking care of my body. Yes I was a new mom and there are body changes that come with that (all which are beautiful).

The poor eating choices, zero exercise, tired all the time and the realization I had lost my drive/passion to do the things I love outside of being a mommy hit me looking at that picture.
My health in my 20's consisted of a lot of yo-yo dieting, searching for one quick fix to the next and my metabolism was tanked from it.

I made a promise to myself then that my 30's were going to be my healthiest years yet. I was going to do it the right way. Clean eating, exercise, and resetting my mindset from this being a chore to a blessing was the way I was going to do it.

10 days ago I turned 31. I thanked God that I was celebrating another year, and was still on track with the goal I set out to reach 2 years prior.

21 Day Fix's exercise and simple portion control eating plan, my daily shakeology and a challenge group started this ripple effect for me. It's why I became a coach. I want to help others create that ripple effect in their lives too.



If you are ready, or if this very long but very true message touched you in any way. Will you fill this out below? I want to help.

Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

Have a blessed day,

No comments:

Post a Comment