Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Recipe: Zucchini & Mushroom Risotto - Instant Pot Edition


Hi Friends! Happy November! It's been a few weeks since I blogged an instant pot recipe... And I've been wanting to blog this recipe for awhile now! This is a dish I have been making for about 6 years now in the microwave. Yep I said it, in the microwave. I pulled out my recipe box and was trying to find something we hadn't made in awhile that I could convert to the Instant Pot. 

Then I found my trusty Zucchini and Mushroom Risotto recipe!

Could I make this in the Instant Pot?

Yes! Challenge Accepted! 


Ingredients:
1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
3 garlic cloves (pressed)
1 cup Arborio Rice (uncooked)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 1/2 Cups low sodium vegetable (or Chicken) broth
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (or dried)
1 medium zucchini (used a cheese grater to shred it)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (you can use already cooked or fresh)
Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Dice onion and press garlic, add to pot with olive oil. Mix frequently tell translucent. Add 1 cup of rice, stir frequently for about a minute (don't let it burn). Add 3 1/2 cups of veggie or chicken broth and stir together. Put lid on, seal, set to high pressure/manual for 6 minutes. While this is cooking, go ahead and grated your zucchini and have your mushrooms, salt pepper, parsley and cheese ready to go.
After it's finished cooking do a quick release, hit cancel and remove lid from Instant Pot. Add salt and pepper, zucchini and mushrooms and give it a good stir. Add shredded cheese and parsley and stir again. Put the lid back on for about 5 minutes just to let everything settle together. 

Then... Serve!! 

My kids LOVE this recipe! Sometimes we'll add ground turkey or beef to it is GOOD! 

I hope you enjoy :)



Want more recipes like this? Want more recipes like this, meal prep tips and/or to get started with a fitness routine? I would LOVE to be your coach! You can reach out to me by going to my Facebook page by clicking the picture below....



Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment