Monday, February 8, 2016

Recipe: Mason Jar Taco Salad

It's not secret that I love Mason Jars. Put some food in it that's healthy, easy to prepare and delicious and I'm a happy girl! This week I decided to switch it up again and got creative.

My newest Mason Jar Salad recipe (drum roll please)....tatatatatatatatatatata..

Taco Salad! (the crowd goes wild) "Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Ok maybe I'm a little to excited about this. Haha


This was crazy easy to make and tastes amazing!

Ingredients:
Organic Ground Beef
Salsa (your choice)
Shredded cheese
1 Cucumber (peeled and chopped)
Your Lettuce of choice (I used a coleslaw blend this time)

Directions:
Cook your ground beef how you like it. For taco seasoning I use garlic powder, chili powder, a little Himalayan salt and diced onions. You won't need to use all of your cooked meat, I actually used half for dinner that night and the other half for the 3 mason jar salads I made. If you want to make more salads than that, you'll need to just use the beef  just for the salads.  After your beef is cooked, place in a sealed container and let cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Then it's time to build your salads! I used my 21 Day Fix Portion controlled containers and measured out the proper servings for each ingredient.

1st Layer: Salsa (I used my orange container for this because you don't need much)
2nd Layer: Chopped Cucumber (1/2 a Green Container)
3rd Layer: Ground Taco Meat (1 red container)
4th Layer: Shredded cheese (1/2 a blue container)
5th Layer: Salad Blend of Choice (1 Green Container)



Seal the lid and store in the fridge! It's that easy! When it's time to eat it for your lunch throughout the week, simply shake it up and pour into a bowl and dig in. Delicious!

Want more recipes like this?
You can reach out to me by filling out the quick form below and I'll get back to you asap!

Fill out my online form.

Have a blessed day!
http://bit.ly/21DayFix2016


No comments:

Post a Comment