Saturday, July 18, 2015

What do you do when you've fallen off course? - Finding your "Why"

If you've read my "about me" section of the blog or you know me personally, then you'll know I've had my ups and downs with weight gain/loss. I think it's easy to get discouraged sometimes on social media when you see someone posting their "highlight reel" of what their life is like on Facebook, Instagram, etc. Heck, I'm guilty of this, it's much easier to post about the "happy" stuff. 

(Pictures above: a decade worth of weight gains/losses)


I naturally want to post joyful, positive, upbeat posts, and cute pictures of my kids. Now that I am a Beachbody Coach and putting my daily fitness/nutritional journey on display for everyone else to see. I want it to be known that in the midst of these posts I make, there is also lots of sleepless nights, struggles, days when I just want a slice of pizza, life curve balls and ups and downs that come my way.

Just like everyone else.

In the past, I've allowed the excuses I've made for myself justify falling of course. 

- My kids don't sleep through the night

- Work

- I'm too busy and I don't have time.

- The dog ate my home work (just kidding)

- My Daughter won't let me work out for long periods of time because she'll start crying

- There's laundry to do

- Or dishes

- I'm too stressed

- I've had 2 c-sections, I'll never loose this weight in my waist

- Did I mention no sleep?

- Or there's something I'd rather be doing instead _(insert here)_.



Each day, by the grace of God we have a choice. A choice on how we are going to live each day. 

When that clicked in my brain, that I had a choice, my entire mindset changed. 

Will I let those excuses get the best of me?

Or will I choose to live each day joyful, thankful with a humble heart. 

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7)

Are there days that I'm exhausted from being up most of the night with my 18 month old? YES

Are there days where I really just want that slice of pizza? YES

When those moments in life come up, and the excuses start popping up in your head why NOT to do your work out or staying on course with your eating plan, switch gears.

Start thinking about why you SHOULD be doing your work out, eating clean and getting healthier?

What is your WHY?

Think about it for a minute, write it down and put it on a post-it note. Put that post-it note somewhere you go to everyday in the morning (Mirror, above the coffee machine, your car dash board). Read that why every single day. 

What's my why? (In case you are wondering)

My why, is that I want to be the best Wife and Mother I can be. I want to encourage others, share the Gospel and fight the good fight. 

The healthier I am, the better equip am to take care of my family and to help others. 

I also want to fit into those pre-pregnancy jeans, and go into my 30's in better shape than I was in my 20's.

What's your why?

Write your "why" down. 

It's been put on my heart to share my journey with you all. So when you see my instagram posts or facebook posts with snap shots or short video clips of my daily work outs...I'm just showing you that I'm a work in progress. That I'm choosing joy each day. Joy in the struggles, Joy in the accomplishments, Joy in the laughter of my kids, Joy in the frustrations, Joy in lack of sleep, Joy in realization that by God's grace I am made new. 

Do you need some encouragement or support? Are you not sure where to start or just want someone to talk to? If you send me a message at CoachJennym@gmail.com or on my facebook.com/lightlightup  I would love to help you.











No comments:

Post a Comment