Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Finding Joy in the Journey


Typical Negative Thoughts When We Don't Feel Good about Ourselves:

"I'm never going to loose this weight"

"Ugh, I don't fit into any of my clothes"

"I'll never be able to do it."

"Why can't I look like (insert name here)"

I think it's easy to get caught up in the frustration and negativity of the BIG goals we have set or comparing ourselves to others. Everyday we see other people/celebrities on Facebook, Instagram, TV, Magazines, Movies, etc. "Expectations" of what we are "supposed" to look like are EVERYWHERE.  And if you don't have the right perspective, it will get the best of you, leaving you with low self esteem, feeling bitter and blah.

The Truth? We are ALL different, God designed us that way for a purpose! 

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Positive Thoughts When we are finding Joy in the Journey:

"Today I have the choice to put better foods in my body."

"Today I have the choice to go for a walk with my kids."

"Thank you God for breath in my lungs, and the ability to run, jump, and strengthen my body!"

"I'm going to take better care of the body that has been given to me."

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

Celebrate each day we have here on earth with a joyful heart! Find joy in the journey <3 Not only will you feel a burden off your heart, you will also spread that joy to your loved ones and others!




No comments:

Post a Comment