Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Recipe: Beef and Veggie Soup - Whole30 Approved Instant Pot Edition


I think my ultimate recipe combo is when it's under 20 minutes to make + simple ingredients + delicious + easy! This recipe is all of that for me and I wanted to share it with you! I began my Whole30 journey yesterday and needed something really simple to make for dinner the first night. It was chilly/rainy outside and I really wanted comfort type food. This hit the spot! If you want to learn more about Whole30 is and why I'm doing it you can go here: Why I'm doing the Whole30 and What it is  

Want to give this recipe it a try?



Ingredients:
1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
2 russet potatoes chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1 small onion diced
1 tbsp crushed garlic
16 oz can of crushed tomatoes (blended first for a creamy soup)
5 cups bone broth
Himalayan salt and pepper to your taste
2 tsp dried parsley
Avocado (optional) on top the soup before serving

Directions: (makes 4 servings)
Total Time: took about 15 mins!
Turn Instant Pot on saute mode. Once hot add a little avocado oil (or olive oil) and add ground beef, onions and garlic. Stir frequently tell the beef is cooked all the way. Then add rest of the veggies and stir frequently for 5 mins. Turn the instant pot off and add everything but the avocado in to the pot. Give it a good stir then seal the lid and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Hit Manual, 8 mins and let the IP do it's thing! After it's done you can release the pressure valve right away and serve! I added half a small avocado to my bowl and it was SO delicious. 

This was my first dinner on day 1 of Whole30 and it really hit the spot after craving things I couldn't have all day. My husband loved it too and I know this recipe will be made again during these next 30 days!



Want to join me on my journey of completing a Whole30 here on our ranch? I will be sharing about it daily over at my Facebook Page and Instagram!

Click the icons above to head on over there.

Are you ready to commit to starting a round of Whole30 with me or have questions about it? You can reach me here: I have an awesome accountability group I can add you too also to encourage you on your 30 days.

Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment