Thursday, July 21, 2016

5 reasons why people put off taking care of their health

Have you ever heard something said to you by so many different people that you finally look up and say "Ok God, I hear ya."? Well that's happening to me currently. What is it that I keep hearing? "It's time to get back to basics."

I need to stop complicating things... to stop making them more intricate than they need to be. Simply... go back to the basics.



I sat down tonight to write a completely different blog post but this topic came to me. What are some of the reasons why people put off taking care of their health? I'm asking me 2 years ago this same question and this is what I came up with.


1.  I don't have time to workout: I'm gonna debunk this right now. 30 minutes a day is 2% of your 24 hrs you've given each day. We spend more time scrolling on social media and or watching tv/netflix binges than that. 30 minutes is all it takes to get a good workout in and improve your health.



2. I do well for a week and then I fall off the wagon: Been there, done that. Many, many times. What gets me back in the swing of things? My daily encouragement/challenge group and accountability partners on my team. I know they will tell me to step away from the cheeseburger if needed and will always be there to say "you can do this love, don't stop now". In the same breath I also know they will tell me to enjoy that said cheeseburger if it's a treat meal that I have once in awhile instead of a daily thing.



3. I have a bad knee or (insert injury here): 80% of your results come from nutrition. When I was recovering from my accident last year I was able to maintain my weight loss by sticking with my portion controlled containers and 21 Day Fix eating plan without workout out for almost 3 months straight.



4. I don't know where to begin: I would love to be able to help you with that! Together we can help find what program is right for you and your needs, what your goals are and how to begin without getting overwhelmed or frustrated.



5. I really enjoy desert: Have you seen my shakeology pie recipe or my Sea salt caramel shake?! Yum! I promise you can still feed your sweet tooth with delicious chocolate goodness without eating junk.


I can tell you now more than ever....This isn't about fitting into ___ size jeans, this is about improving my quality of life. I lift weights and eat whole foods because I want to be strong, healthier so that I can be the wife, mama and person God has called me to be. 2 years ago by 10 am I'd be on my 4th cup of coffee and still ready to go to sleep. Now coffee is optional, I drink simply because I enjoy it in the cool of the morning. The energy I've gained is so valuable. The perspective is priceless. If it's been put on your heart to make a change and improve your health I would love to help you. You can fill out the short application below and together we can do this.


Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Have a blessed day,


No comments:

Post a Comment