Saturday, January 16, 2016

I'm not a robot. - I'm a blessed mess.


Hi. 

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Jenny and I'm a blessed mess. What is a blessed mess you ask? I'm blessed because everyday I am given, is an opportunity to be a light , serve and love others. I'm a mess because I fall short daily and I'm 100% ok with that. 

You're probably asking "Why would you be ok with falling short daily?"

I will respond by saying I'm 100% ok with falling short daily because Jesus is enough.

There are days where the laundry is half finished and the sink is full of dishes.

You might notice a little dust on my mantel. 

And there are days when I leave my meal prepped salad in the fridge and have a burger instead. 

Why am I telling you this? Because when I first became a coach one of the things that God put on my heart was to share the whole journey and not just the highlight reel. 

I don't post my daily sweaty selfies, food pics and motivational posts as a "look at me I've got it all together." 

No, not at all.

I post these things because I want to encourage you and I'm sharing my daily decision to move forward each day finding joy in the motion. Each day is a choice and opportunity to lean into Jesus and trust that He is enough.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9



When I stopped expecting myself to fit this "mold" that I thought I needed to be,  it was like taking an elephant off my chest. God gives us each different gifts to use for His glory. We aren't all alike. Which is wonderful! Because with the different gifts we've been blessed with, we are able to encourage and help each other. 

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace." 1 Peter 4:10

So friends I want to encourage you to not perceive other's highlight reels as a sign you aren't enough or doing enough. We are all on this journey as blessed messes together. Take that energy and put your whole heart into Jesus. I promise you, it's the best thing you could ever do.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;" Ephesians 2:8

I love you friends. Thank you for taking to time to read this. If I can pray for you or if there is something on your heart you would like to talk about, it would be a blessing to do so with you. You can comment here or send me an email at coachjennym@gmail.com

Have a blessed day,






No comments:

Post a Comment