Sunday, January 24, 2016

When I lost all of my excuses, I found all my results.




I can really relate to this quote. A year and half ago I made the choice on my 29th birthday that I was going to stop making excuses and end my 20's in better shape than I was when I started them. Over that year leading up to my 30th birthday I dropped the excuses that I was a busy working mom of 2 kids under the age of 4. That I didn't have time to take care of myself because on top of that I was actively involved as team mom in my kids team, volunteering at my churches local youth center, family event obligations, photo shoots, etc. etc. etc.

Instead I decided my goals were bigger than any excuses I could come up with. My goal of leading by example for my family and instilling in them that we don't need to have a negative association with how we look. Instead we embrace this one body God gave us and take care of it so we can better serve others and be more present for our loved ones.

It's when I committed to:
- 30 minutes of exercise 5-6 Days a week
- portion control. Making sure I'm eating the right amounts of the right foods
- positive attitude and joyful heart
- Ditching soda
- Accepting the invitation to join a challenge group and show up daily to help myself stay accountable and help others do the same.

On my 30th Birthday I was able to blow out the candles on that cake 35 lbs and 25 inches lost later. All because I dropped my excuses and accepted the choice that was given to me to make a change.


Why am I telling you all this? Not to boast, but to encourage you that as someone who gained and lost 75 lbs TWICE in her twenties...Someone who started and stopped too many diets than I'd like to admit... That no matter how many times you've started and stopped this healthy lifestyle you have the opportunity to stop making excuses today and start taking the actions to make it a reality.




Are you ready to stop making excuses? Ready to not only make that goal but to take the actions to make it happen? Fill out the quick form below and I will get back to you asap so that we can do this together. I want to be that person in your corner and help you on your journey.

Fill out my online form.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment