Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Don't Over Complicate Your 2016 Fit Goals - Create an Effective Action Plan



I've started and stopped writing this blog post several times this week. Just when I know what exactly I want to say "Whoooosh" it's gone. The underlying message I've wanted to convey is that instead of over complicating your health and fitness goals, instead of focusing on the BIG goal you've set for yourself.... Take today as "today" and that's it.

Today I will be mindful of the foods I put into my body.

Today I will get my 30 minute workout in.

Today I will choose to drink water over soda.

Today I will skip the drive thru and pack a healthy lunch.

Today I will be present.

I've have been asked many times what changed, what made it "click" for me to lose the weight this year and improve my health? I'll tell you right now it's been the change in mindset from the "BIG" goal to focusing on the actions that are required each day to reach that big goal I'd set for myself.


How to Create Your  Fit Goal to Action Plan for 2016:

1. Get out a piece of paper and a pen. I say pen and paper because I've learned from experience that actually writing out my goals instead of typing/texting ingrains it into my brain more. 

2. Write out your health and fitness goal for the year. 

3. Write down a list of 5 actions you can do each day you choose to show up and work towards that goal you wrote out above.

Example (Here's mine):

1. Drink my daily Shakeology
2. 30 Minute Workout
3. Use my portion control containers to measure out my foods
4. Track all my food intake on my phone app
5. When in doubt, think of 10 things off the top of my head I'm are thankful for.

4. Now that you have your goal and you 5 actions written out I want you to put that piece of paper and stick it up somewhere you will see every single day. (It could be your mirror, kitchen cabinet, desk bulletin board, etc.)

5. Read that piece of paper every single day.

That's it! It's easy for us all to make a big New Year's Resolution Goal. But it's even easier to stop working on that goal 3 weeks into the year because we don't have action steps in place to actually make that goal a reality. 


Are you ready to make 2016 your healthiest year yet? It would be a blessing/privilege to be your coach and support you in your journey.

Fill out the quick application below and I will get back to you within 24 hours and we can get started together!
Fill out my online form.



Have a blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment