Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Recipe: Salsa Chicken - Instant Pot Edition

What if I told you that you could make flavor full, Mexican restaurant style taco filling in 1 pot with 2 ingredients?

Would you try it?

How about if I told you it takes less than 20 mins to prepare?


Serves: 4

Ingredients:
2 organic chicken breasts (thawed)
1 16oz jar of your favorite salsa (I used my favorite organic Salsa Verde)

I told you it was only 2 ingredients!

Directions:
Place both thawed chicken breasts at the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour the jar of salsa over it. Place lid on and seal. Set to Manual for 7 minutes and make sure the pressure release valve is turned to "sealed". Once finished let it sit in warm mode (aka Natural release) for 10 minutes. Release pressure and take a whiff.... Mmmmmm

You can use a spatula or tongs and shred the chicken. That's it! It's ready to serve. I typically will be prepping my toppings at the same time as it's cooking so it's ready to go when the timer is done. 

Here are a few things I prep:

- corn tortillas on my small cast iron skillet
- sliced avocado or guacamole
- shredded lettuce


I don't use a lot of toppings because really, there is SO much flavor with the chicken cooking in the salsa like that. I've cooked this with regular red salsa and salsa verde and I will tell you personally, the salsa verde version is my favorite. 

(container servings above: Note add 1 purple as well for the salsa)

 Want more recipes like this, meal prep tips and/or to get started with a fitness routine? I would LOVE to be your coach! You can reach out to me by going to my Facebook page by clicking the picture below....


Have a blessed day,



Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment