Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What I would tell myself then, knowing what I know now.

2 years ago this was the normal type of picture of me. Arms and mid section cropped out and if there were others in the picture, I basically hid behind them. I was feeling uncomfortable in my skin, with zero energy after having my daughter and was still in maternity pants 7 months postpartum. 

As I look at this pictures I can't help but think about what I would tell myself then knowing what I know now. 

I would tell myself as I was beginning a healthier lifestyle change... 

- That you are beautiful just the way you are. This isn't about looking like (insert name here) from the cover of a magazine. You are beautiful the way God made you and the size of your jeans isn't what's important. 

- There are going to be days where all you want is a cheeseburger, some fries and to skip your workout. And that is 100% OK, this is about balance and a lifestyle change. Not something to get burnt out on and quit a week later. 

- Don't over complicate this. Don't over think tracking calories, macros, body fat %, exact calories burns. Stick with your portion control containers, enjoy eating delicious whole foods and workout 30 minutes a day. Simple, not complicated.

- Don't base your results by the # on the scale. Track measurements, how your clothes feel, how much more energy you have, sleeping better, clearer skin, better moods. There are so many ways to see how this lifestyle change will bless your health.

- Lean in to your accountability groups and team mates. I can't imagine doing this without my Dream Big Tribe, my fellow coaches on the team and my accountability partners. We support each other on the highs/lows, celebrate NSV's (non scale victories), inspire each other and fellowship with one another. They are such blessings. 


- Don't be afraid to let your kids see you stumble. Because when they see you stumble, they also see you get back up and finish it through. 

- See what a blessing this chance is. What a blessing it is to be able to go to the grocery store, pick up healthy foods and bring them home to prepare for your family. To have two legs that move, air in your lungs and the freedom to workout in your own home. 



The journey isn't a straight one. There are lots of ups, downs, loopy spins and everything in between. Each day that you wake up and make the choice to continue on this health and fitness journey will get you that much closer to your goals. Don't give up, stick with it. Lean in to your Coach, Accountability groups and keep that "why" in your heart. Don't give up friends! Today is a new day, and a new opportunity to bless your health and serve others. 


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment