Thursday, May 12, 2016

Recipe: "Half and Half Bomb.com Spaghetti" - 21 day Fix approved!


When I first started 21 Day Fix I was hesitant because I LOVE me some carbs. I was under the impression that that "tiny" yellow container wouldn't be enough for a serving of pasta. 

Guess what? I was wrong! Today I'm going to share with you my recipe for my new way of eating a delicious hearty bowl of spaghetti!

 Mmm I'm getting hungry just typing this!


Step #1: Take 1 whole zucchini and make zoodles with your spiral maker. I use the "veggetti" and it works great! Next drizzle 1 orange container of the oil of your choice on it. I used Grapeseed Garlic oil I also added 4 fresh basil leaves chopped and tossed lightly in the bowl. Set aside.


Step #2: Start cooking that pasta and ground beef! After my ground beef has finished cooking I push it to the side and turn the burner on low. Then I add my zoodles and toss them frequently for just a few moments. You don't want them to get mushy! 


The smell of ground beef, garlic, basil and zucchini together is AMAZING. My house always smells delicious after I cook this :)


Step #3 (not pictured) take whatever marinara sauce you are using (I used the homemade marinara recipe from the Fixate Cookbook) and heat in a pot. Then it's time to mix your hearty bowl of pasta together! 

1 Yellow of Organic Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Green of the Zoodles 
1 purple of the Marinara Sauce (container not shown here)
1 Red of the ground beef
1 blue of shredded cheese

Step #4: Mix together (I use a larger bowl for this then pour into the bowl I'm eating with) and BAM, a big hearty delicious bowl of Spaghetti!

Step#5: Devour this delicious bowl of spaghetti with knowing you are eating a healthy, portioned, balanced dinner and it tastes like a treat meal!


This recipe is family approved! My kids LOVE it and I love that they are getting a big serving of veggies mixed in to their pasta without any fuss :) As you can see here Lily is a happy camper! 

Want more recipes like this? You can find them by clicking on the image below!



Have a blessed day!






No comments:

Post a Comment