Thursday, September 3, 2015

Low Impact, High Intensity


When I was pregnant with my son Carson I developed pretty severe sciatica pain in my 2nd trimester. I was told by the Dr.'s that it was the way he was sitting inside there, pinching a nerve and that it would go away after he was born.

It never did. 

I would have time periods when it wasn't as bad, then I would have flair ups where it was painful to just lay down on that side of my back/side. I would get numbness on that side of my body and sharp shooting pains. Fast forward to when I was pregnant with my daughter it got worse again, it would be so bad some days I dreaded walking. I did ice, stretched.. nothing seemed to work. 

It was worth it though, I would take that pain any day of the week for my kiddos. :)

It wasn't until earlier this year that I really notice that my flair ups were farther in between. I was eating clean, and doing Piyo 4-5 days a week. It was with the low impact, high intensity moves that I was able to gain flexibility, strength the muscles around my sciatic nerves and manage my flair ups.  



What is Piyo?

Piyo is a low impact, fun, challenging workout that fuses pilates and yoga. You burn calories, tone muscles, work on balance and gain flexibility! 

With Piyo you:

~Get the results of an extreme program without straining your joints.

~Lose weight and burn fat without the high impact jumps or complex choreography.

~Build lean muscle! Piyo's pace of continuous movement, nonstop transitions, and powerful athletic moves will help you sculpt long lean muscles without building bulk.

~You will never get bored! Piyo comes with 8 individual workouts that will challenge you at every level to maximize fat loss and tone your body.

~Modified moves makes Piyo doable for anyone! Even if you haven't worked out in years, Piyo has a modifier that is easy to follow.

~No equipment required! You use the body that God gave you :)

~Nutrition Plan included: Easy to follow and effective.


When I can feel my sciatic nerve flaring up, my go to fix is a few days of doing Piyo. I always keep Piyo in my rotation of workouts because it's effective. easy to follow, has helped me build lean muscle and eliminate aches and pains. 

Want to preview what Piyo is? You can do so here:

Have questions? Want more info? Send me an email at CoachJennyM@gmail.com

Have a blessed day!

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment