Monday, January 16, 2017

Recipe: Oh So Good Paleo Friendly Teriyaki Sauce

I really love making sauces from scratch. As someone who spent her early 20's living off of spaghetti o's and top ramen I didn't think I'd ever say that. 

One of my favorite go to meals is making meatballs from scratch and then cooking them in the Instant Pot. Only takes about 7 minutes to cook and it's pretty versatile! I typically make them with marinara sauce, but I do like making them with sweet and sour sauce too. 


Paleo Friendly Teriyaki Sauce
What's In It:
·         ½ cup coconut aminos (or braggs liquid aminos)
·         ¼ cup fresh orange juice or water
·         3 tbsp honey
·         1 TBSP crushed Garlic
·         1/4 tsp chili flakes
·         2 tsp arrowroot flour (if you want it thicker)

How to Make It:
In a small saucepan, mix everything BUT the flour and heat it over medium heat. If you are using flour, mix it with 2 tablespoon of cold water and add the mixture into the sauce and cook until it has thickened. If not using flour, just simmer on low the sauce until thickened.

That's it! I poured my sauce over a batch of raw meatballs I made. Put the meat balls in the Instant Pot, poured the sauce over and then cooked on Manuel High for 7 minutes with a quick release. 



Served it over brown rice I had cooked in my Instant Pot earlier and zoodles. Super easy and tasted like a treat meal!

For those of you using the Fix Containers: 1 orange container full = 1 orange! 


Want more recipes like this? Want more recipes like this, meal prep tips and/or to get started with a fitness routine? I would LOVE to be your coach! You can reach out to me by going to my Facebook page by clicking the picture below....



Have a blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment