Saturday, June 27, 2015

Making time to Work out:

Do you struggle to find the time to fit your work out in everyday? Do you tell yourself you'll do it after work and once that time comes you decide that snuggling up on the coach catching up on your DVR is more appealing?

I've been there. I made excuses a lot to why I couldn't find time to take care of myself. I thought I was to tired to work out, but really I was tired because I wasn't working out. It took some trial and error over a few weeks, but I was able to find a good routine for myself and my family that allowed me to get my work out in. 

Here are some things I've done to make sure I'm getting my work out in daily:
  • Work out in the Morning: This is big for me. If I say I'll do it later, 8 out of 10 times I won't (I'm being honest here). So by pushing play first thing each morning I make sure my work outs done for the day. 
  • Set a time each day that is your work out time: For me, it's 7am every morning. I make the kids breakfast, get them situated, then lace up my work out shoes and get to work! 
  • Get the family to join in: My 4 year old loves to jump in from time to time and do the moves with me. My 1 1/2 things it's hilarious to climb on me like a monkey while I'm doing planks or floor work. I love it though because they are learning the importance of exercise and taking good care of the bodies that God has blessed us with. 

  • Calendar your work outs! Every time I start a new work out schedule (example: 21 day fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Piyo, Turbo Fire etc.) I plug the entire round (3 weeks, 12 weeks, etc.) into my google calendar. That way everyday I can open up my calendar app and there is my scheduled work out for the day. When you put a lunch date or a special event on your calendar you stick to it and show up right? By putting your scheduled work out on your calendar you are making yourself accountable.
(My little Miss. The second she sees me on the ground for planks or other floor moves she's either on my back, or underneath me giggling.)

I hope these tips will help you as start your daily work out routine. If you have any questions or would like any support please feel free to comment here or send me an email at CoachJennyM@gmail.com

Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment