Thursday, April 7, 2016

First Weekend at R&M Ranch



Last weekend we had the blessing to go out and spend 2 nights in the Cabin we will be living in the next few months while our house is built. Our plan for the weekend was to get as much prep work done around there as we can. And to bring up a large load of tools and other items we'll need to do some repairs on the land before we move in 2 weeks later. 

Carson was a "tiny" bit excited to say the least. It was pretty cute, I had already packed all the clothes we'd need (and then some) for the weekend. He came upstairs when it was time to go with his backpack stuffed with 2 pairs of jammies for him and Lily, and he packed snacks. Love that boy so much and his heart.

One of the things I love about our land is that it's only about 5 minutes off the freeway. But once you hit that dirt road leading into our property it feels like you are out in the middle of no where. So quiet, beautiful, and peaceful. 

(Pic on the Left: Back road in/ Pic on Right: Front side in)


The kids "loft" in the cabin. I'm really excited to make this room extra special for them while our house is being built. First night sleep up there was a little rough for Lily. New place, excitement, she just didn't want to go to sleep! I ended up sleeping up there with them this weekend. I think they enjoyed that :)



First morning up there was my favorite. Carson and I were the first to be awake and we quietly went downstairs, snuggled up under a blanket, read a train book and watched the sun rise over the mountains together. I'll never forget that moment, it's something I'll always treasure. Thank you Jesus!


Breakfast on the porch, it was so beautiful outside!



While Hubby and the Grandparents worked hard, my job was to keep these kiddos busy and we worked on organizing the cabin. We even took a few trips hauling material in the golf cart, the kids loved that.



That's our girl. She's totally in her element.






Carson calls this "rock climbing" and he'd do it all day if I let him.









An old Fire pit ring we found on the land. Grandpa used it to make us a new fire pit.



How we ended night #2. Our campfire was literally the only light past the cabin, the stars are so bright out there. It's amazing to see God's canvas like that.

(Board games with Grandma)


Lily checking out the pantry/solar panel conex box.



I shot a gun for the first time this weekend on our shooting range! Never thought that would happen.



This was a major proud mama moment for me. We were all working hard on Sunday to finish up chores so we could head back down the mountain to town. Carson said he wanted to help, got a broom and went and swept every step leading up to cabin without being asked. He said "Mom I made it safe for everyone to walk on!" (tears) I'm so thankful for this boys heart, his desire to help and he's excitement for this new chapter of our lives.


Our first weekend was a success! Great weather, no problems, lots of team work and memories made. I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks this land will be our forever home. Stay tuned for many blog post and updates on the journey to building our homestead, house and adventures. 


With love,




















1 comment:

  1. I love this. So exciting! Looking forward to following your journey ❤️ Love you guys xo

    ReplyDelete